Today I’m being shown VERY clearly that in all things we are to try our best to choose to FEEL happy. Easy? Nope. It’s raining and I miss Evan…but it’s like this whisper telling me to stop feeling sad and to just feel happy. Probably why he sends me that song all the time lol…happy. It’s a choice. We can sit and think about all the things that make us sad OR we can think about all the things that make us grin and maybe even blush a little…
So what DOES make you happy when you just want to cry? Me?
- Either of my brothers-serious humor
- The way Della and Peeta romp through the house all on fire
- Remembering how Evan did this awful chicken dance thing-like a wounded T-Rex
- This morning Jaden said, “It doesn’t matter what diet you are on-nothing beats a Bank Lollipop”
- When Gina and Nick do “sloth”
- Anything with Dane Cook, Jim Carrey, Jeff Dunham…among many others
- When my best friend Marcie says “Rat Turd”
- Listening to 4 year olds giggling
- When Alyssa sends me jokes from her young daughters-really bad but really funny
You get the point. We all have a big old list of things that make us sad or angry and many other painful emotions. What about the ones that make you feel yummy? I say make a list right meow! I was driving and felt sad. Evan told me to be happy. I said, “Play me a song” and the next song was “Mmm Bop” by Hanson…hahahahahaha…really? Honestly? It made me grin, lifted my mood. Ok. So happiness is a choice. It doesn’t mean you’ll never cry or feel sad, but you can process through it pretty fast and return to a good feeling place.
And if you simply can’t? Do what my Boys (Guides) told me many years ago…”Feel good about not feeling good.” Yeah. I went there…
It’s supposed to be sunny in Daytona Beach tomorrow. I’m choosing it to be sunny in Jamie today.
-This is just the beginning #EWM333